Saturday, March 14, 2009

President Reagan's 1st Inaugural - We Are a Nation Under God

The 40th President of the United States, Ronald Reagan, said this in his 1981 Inuagural address:

"Your dreams, your hopes, your goals are going to be the dreams, the hopes, and the goals of this administration, so help me God.
...
"I am told that tens of thousands of prayer meetings are being held on this day, and for that I am deeply grateful. We are a nation under God, and I believe God intended for us to be free. It would be fitting and good, I think, if on each Inauguration Day in future years it should be declared a day of prayer.
...
"...together, with God's help, we can and will resolve the problems which now confront us. And, after all, why shouldn't we believe that? We are Americans. God bless you, and thank you."


Read the whole address

No comments: